Q-Tip and The Cool Kids to Headline 4th Annual 2K Sports Bounce Tour
Fans to experience incredible live music performances and play the hottest sports video games
New York, NY – October 27, 2008 – 2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today details for the 4th annual Bounce Tour, the latest addition to 2K Sports’ series of live events celebrating the convergence of music, sports and video game culture. With scheduled appearances in 20 different cities across the country from November 5th – December 3rd, the Bounce Tour will once again be headlined by legendary hip-hop artist, Q-Tip (from A Tribe Called Quest), who will be supported by his live band which includes the renowned DJ Scratch (from EPMD). The popular duo, The Cool Kids, will also be performing new material and other banging hits.
“Q-Tip killed it last year on the 2K8 Bounce Tour and we’re honored to have him back on tour with us. He’s a legend in the game, and one of the most influential artists in hip-hop culture,” said Tim Rosa, director of brand and lifestyle marketing at 2K Sports. “We’re also excited to have The Cool Kids performing new material on the tour. Their music is unique and positive, their vibe is independent and authentic, and they roll with their own signature style, all of which reflect the same attributes we strive for with our games.”
After headlining the Bounce Tour in 2006, which helped reunite A Tribe Called Quest, Q-Tip returns with another hip-hop pioneer, EPMD’s DJ Scratch, to perform new tracks from his upcoming solo album, The Renaissance, along with other classics. The Cool Kids, who have already partnered with 2K Sports on a variety of efforts including recording an exclusive track titled “2K Pennies” and having playable in-game characters, will perform as the opening act on the tour. Fans can also now download the 2K Pennies track for free, exclusively through the dedicated 2K Sports website, www.2ksports.com/coolkids.
In addition to the live music performances, the Bounce Tour will provide fans with an exciting opportunity to play the latest games by 2K Sports, check out different visual vignettes of games displayed throughout the show, and receive exclusive gear and other exciting giveaways. To find out more information about the 4th annual Bounce Tour, and to find the nearest stop, please visit www.2ksports.com/bouncetour.
Following is the schedule for the 4th annual Bounce Tour:
* Wednesday, Nov. 5 Chicago, IL House of Blues
* Friday, Nov. 7 Aspen, CO Belly Up
* Saturday, Nov. 8 Denver, CO Cervantes Ballroom
* Monday, Nov.10 Portland, OR Roseland
* Tuesday, Nov. 11 Seattle, WA Showbox SoDo
* Thursday, Nov. 13 San Francisco, CA Mezzanine
* Saturday, Nov. 15 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
* Sunday, Nov. 16 Las Vegas, CA House of Blues
* Monday, Nov. 17 Phoenix, AZ Marquee
* Wednesday, Nov. 19 Dallas, TX House of Blues
* Thursday, Nov. 20 Austin, TX Stubb’s
* Friday, Nov. 21 Houston, TX Warehouse Live
* Saturday, Nov. 22 New Orleans, LA House of Blues
* Monday, Nov. 24 Atlanta, GA Centerstage
* Wednesday, Nov. 26 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Revolution
* Friday, Nov. 28 Orlando, FL House of Blues
* Saturday, Nov. 29 Charlotte, NC Amos Southend
* Sunday, Nov. 30 Washington D.C. 930 Club
* Tuesday, Dec. 2 New York, NY Nokia
* Wednesday, Dec. 3 Philadelphia, PA Trocodero
Fans can now also listen and purchase individual songs through the 2K Beats channel at www.2ksports.com/beats/games/nba2k9.