NVIDIA GPUs Now Available For All Macs
MARCH 3, 2009
• NVIDIA announced today that Apple’s entire Mac lineup now features GeForce GPUs to provide a superior computing experience for Mac users. Today’s news is further proof of the necessity of having an NVIDIA GPU to accelerate the most popular visual computing applications like HD video, image editing, video transcoding, and games.
• Apple today introduced new versions of its iMac and Mac mini which are now equipped with the award-winning GeForce 9400M GPU, the same groundbreaking NVIDIA GPU with integrated system core logic introduced with the MacBook family. In addition, the 24-inch iMac can now be configured with a GeForce GT 120 or GT 130 GPU to provide extra graphics horsepower and exhilarating gaming experiences.
• All MacBook and iMac computers available from Apple retail stores will feature GeForce GPUs exclusively.
• Apple also introduced a new Mac Pro today equipped with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB of GDDR3 memory, a high-performance graphics card with nearly three times greater performance when compared to the previous generation system.
• The new Mac lineup now features:
MacBook Classic – GeForce 9400M
MacBook – GeForce 9400M
MacBook Air – GeForce 9400M
MacBook Pro (15” and 17”) – GeForce 9400M and GeForce 9600
Mac mini – GeForce 9400M (NEW)
20-inch iMac – GeForce 9400M (NEW)
24-inch iMac – available with GeForce 9400M, GeForce GT 120, or GeForce GT 130 (NEW)
Mac Pro – available with GeForce GT 120 (NEW)
For more information on the NVIDIA GeForce 9400, go to http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400m_g_us.html
For more information about the NVIDIA GeForce GT 130, go to
For more information about Mac products, go to http://www.apple.com/mac/
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla™ products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.