This post is also available in / Esta entrada está disponible también en: Spanish (Español) .
Need for Speed™ Undercover Unveils Challenge Series and Boss Car Content Packs
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Black Box, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), announced today two new content packs for Need for Speed™ Undercover. The Challenge Series is free and features 60 events across two new game modes including the opportunity to earn up to three new cars. The premium Boss Car pack will give players access to Undercover’s specially customized boss vehicles for $5.00 (400 MS points).
The Challenge Series and Boss Car packs are available now on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and coming soon on the Xbox 360® videogame system from Microsoft and the PC. This new content reflects an ongoing commitment of post-launch support to Need for Speed fans.
- Highway Wars is the ultimate fusion of Undercover’s signature Highway Battles with the adrenaline fueled competition of sprint racing. In this mode, players will race at top speeds through traffic filled highways against three AI opponents in a winner take all battle to the finish line.
- Highway Checkpoint forces the player to push their car to the limit as they weave through traffic in an attempt to make it to the next checkpoint before time expires.
- Players can also earn three new vehicles as they complete the Challenge Series. Each vehicle is available for use in career or online and has been specifically tuned to compete against the top cars in the game.
- Battle Machine Mazda RX-7 will be awarded upon completion of the first 30 events.
- Speed Machine Porsche 911 GT2 with matte black paint and custom gold liveries will be awarded after completing all 60 of the Challenge Series events.
- Dominator Corvette Z06 is for players that dominate a minimum of 31 events.
Boss Car Pack
This premium car pack gives players access to the entire fleet of boss cars featured in Undercover. These high performance machines are tuned for maximum performance in their appropriate tiers enabling players to compete against the fastest cars in each tier of Undercover.
- Carmen’s Shelby GT500
- Chase’s BMW M6
- Chau Wu’s Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG
- G-Mac’s Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
- Hector’s Nissan 370Z
- Nickel’s Dodge Viper SRT10
- Rose’s Porsche 911 GT2
- Zack’s Volkswagen Scirocco
More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, cellular handsets and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTSTM, EATM, EA SPORTS FreestyleTM and POGOTM. In fiscal 2008, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.67 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA’s homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA’s products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS Freestyle, POGO and Need for Speed are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries “PLAYSTATION” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.