This post is also available in / Esta entrada está disponible también en: Spanish (Español) .
Sony Computer Entertainment America Announces Limited Edition Gran Turismo(R) PSP(R)(Playstation(R)Portable) Entertainment Pack
Consumers Can Now Hit the Road with the Complete Gran Turismo Game on the PSP System
FOSTER CITY, Calif., Sept. 2 /PRNewswire/ — Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) today announced the availability of the upcoming Limited Edition Gran Turismo® PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) Entertainment Pack on October 20 for $199.99 (MSRP) at participating retailers in the United States and Canada. Developed by Polyphony Digital, Inc. specifically for the PSP system, the launch of Gran Turismo marks the first time the famed racing series is available on PSP. Blending the high-speed racing action of Gran Turismo with the high caliber entertainment experience of the PSP system, the new entertainment pack features an exclusive PlayStation® Network downloadable voucher for a white Chevrolet Corvette ZR1—a color not available in the game and only offered in this hardware package. The limited edition entertainment pack also includes a “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000 system; Gran Turismo game on UMD®; PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher (title to be announced); a 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™; and a music voucher good for 10 downloadable songs from Sony Music Pass. A stand-alone version of Gran Turismo will be available on UMD and as a digital download on the PlayStation Network on October 1 for $39.99 (MSRP).
The award-winning Gran Turismo franchise has shipped more than 52 million units worldwide. With its true-to-life graphics and authentic physics technology and design, Gran Turismo features more than 800 vehicle models from the world’s top manufacturers and 35 tracks – all this is only possible on the PSP system.
“Gran Turismo is one of the most successful gaming franchises in history, so what better way to mark Gran Turismo’s premiere on the PSP system than by offering it with the only portable device that can deliver its rich, true-to-life graphics and unrivaled driving experience,” said John Koller, Director, Hardware Marketing, SCEA. “Featuring Polyphony Digital’s famed graphical prowess, tons of fun automotive content—including the ability to trade and share vehicles—and an exhilarating racing experience created for the PSP system, Gran Turismo is again poised to take racing games to new heights.”
The Limited Edition Gran Turismo Entertainment Pack features a “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000 system, along with the following:
· Gran Turismo – Developed exclusively for the PSP system by the internal team of designers and engineers at Polyphony Digital, Gran Turismo features more than 800 vehicle models from the world’s top manufacturers (over 4,500 total paint variations) and 35 tracks (60+ total layouts)—including famous world circuits, city courses and other environments. Seasoned Gran Turismo fans will recognize the depth of content and unparalleled visuals the series is known for, including graphics running at a stunning 60 frames per second. Additionally, a first in the Gran Turismo series is the ability to trade and share unlocked vehicles with others online via ad hoc mode, a feature that is not available in any other racing game on the PSP system. Rated “E” for everyone.
· Exclusive car download – Includes an exclusive PlayStation Network voucher to download a white version of the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 for Gran Turismo, the same car featured on the cover of the game.
· PlayStation Network movie voucher – Consumers can easily download a movie from the PlayStation Network to their PSP system. Title to be announced.
· 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo – Leverages the PSP system’s multimedia functionality by storing photos, music, videos, and game saves.
· Music voucher – Consumers can download 10 free songs onto their PC or Mac using Sony Music Pass. Available to U.S. residents only.
From the hardware to games, videos, music, memory and more for $199.99 (MSRP), all PSP entertainment packs offer incredible value to consumers.
About Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one® game console, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, the ground-breaking PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system and its online and network services the PlayStation®Network and PlayStation®Store.
Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets, and distributes software for the PS one, PlayStation 2, PSP and PS3 systems for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif. Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Visit us on the Web at http://www.us.playstation.com
“PlayStation”, “PSP”, “PS one”, UMD and the PlayStation logo are registered trademarks and “PS3”, is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Memory Stick PRO Duo is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
Gran Turismo® © 2009 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery featured in this game in some cases include trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners.