From/De: EA Mobile
EA Mobile Announces Five New Games Available on the App Store
NBA LIVE, EA SPORTS FIFA 10, Mystery Mania, BOGGLE and Command & Conquer Red Alert Now Available on iPhone and iPod touch
LOS ANGELES, Nov 02, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) — EA Mobile(TM), a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced five new titles available on the App StoreSM: Score points with NBA LIVE and EA SPORTS(TM) FIFA 10, solve the mysteries of the mansion in Mystery Mania, test word wits with Hasbro’s BOGGLE, and experience fast and furious real time strategy action with the latest in the epic Command & Conquer franchise with Command & Conquer(TM) Red Alert(TM). Each game takes advantage of the capabilities of the iPhone(TM) and iPod touch(R) and can be played from almost anywhere.
“We’re proud of our high quality, diverse line up of games this month, and that each product brings something new to the App Store,” said Travis Boatman, VP Worldwide Publishing for EA Mobile. “NBA Live includes complete basketball league teams and players, and Command & Conquer launches as one off most iconic real-time strategy games of all time. Both of these franchises are making their debut on the App Store this month.”
NBA LIVE delivers the most realistic 5-on-5 action available for iPhone and iPod touch! Tip-off anytime, anywhere, and watch games come to life in vivid 3D – and even watch replays. It’s fun and intuitive enough for the casual gamer, but also delivers the authenticity to meet the demands of the most hardcore basketball fan. Key features include:
- Authentic Teams, Real Stars, True Legends – With real NBA rosters, dominate the game as Dwight Howard and other NBA All-Stars. Or unlock legends and elevate a game with true Hall-of-Famers.
- Multiple Modes for Every Kind of NBA Action – Match up all 30 NBA teams in the 82-game Season Mode, play a casual game in Exhibition Mode, or battle all the way to the Finals in the ultra-intense Playoff Mode.
- Play with Various Controls – Control the game with a virtual analog stick, and use the accelerometer to accurately shoot free-throws. Use the touch feature to pick from a number of offensive plays from a clip board or to select a defensive strategy.
- Take it to the Rack with Great Sound Effects – Stay in the zone with 15 music tracks from artists like Matt and Kim, Snoop Dogg and Xzibit, and/or hear legendary announcer Marv Albert.
EA SPORTS FIFA 10
The top-selling soccer franchise from EA SPORTS launches for the first time ever on the iPhone and iPod touch with EA SPORTSFIFA 10. The only fully-licensed soccer game on the App Store, EA SPORTS FIFA 10 offers a free flowing football experience that allows the user to pass and shoot at full speed with incredibly tight movements. Key features include:
- Real Players, Real Teams & Real Leagues – No other soccer game can compete in terms of authentic rosters of players that mirror those of 2009/2010 teams across the globe.
- Includes Innovative Be-A-Pro Mode Like Console – Create a unique player and track his career from the lows of domestic soccer to the potential highs of US and international competition.
- Tournament and Manager Modes – Kick off with 20 different licensed tournaments and cup competitions from around the world in Tournament, or play 30 licensed leagues, real player transfers, manager objectives & squad training with Manager Mode.
- Unmatched Passing and Shooting – Short passes, lobs, long passes and through balls all available through an incredibly simple system of two-button controls. The responsive shooting system enables the user to shoot from distance with accuracy as well as take the ball past defenders with a touch of class.
- Different Camera Angles – 6 different camera angles for matches plus the Be A Pro camera – enabling incredible views during gameplay and stunning realistic slow motion replays.
- Sound Effects – Full sound effects including audio commentary from renowned UK premier league pundit Clive Tyldesley.
Mystery Mania, the award-winning point-and-click puzzle adventure game, is now freshly designed for the iPhone and iPod touch! Solve the mysteries of the mansion and guide confused robot “F8” through a bizarre mansion full of unsolved riddles. Solve the puzzles and discover F8’s fate. Key features include:
- Solve Multiple Multifaceted Puzzles – Explore 27 rooms full of crazy conundrums, perilous traps, and intriguing secrets. Plus, meet curiously quirky characters including F8’s inventor.
- Use Wits to Earn Rewards – Outsmart man-eating plants, guzzle strange potions, and build ingenious contraptions to crack open F8’s story and earn achievements.
- Oops! What Have We Here? – Enjoy whimsical visuals and cartoon-style sound effects that accent every success and blunder as the story unfolds.
Test word wits with BOGGLE on the iPhone and iPod touch. Popping with personality, this pocket-sized version of the classic word-search game packs a lot of punch! It’s the word-search game that’s addictive fun on-the-run, making you think (and spell) fast. Key features include:
- Three Ways to Play – Form as many words as possible in 3 minutes and challenge friends to beat high scores in Challenge Mode. Modify time limits and check out new features in Advanced Mode or, in Self-Score Mode, players can create their own rules and score themselves.
- BOGGLE 3.0 is Ready! – Listen and control music from an iTunes(R) Library while playing.
- Match Word Wits – Email friends and challenge them to a word duel – it’ll be easy to see who has a way with words.
- Take a Bow – Be proud of accomplishments like forming the longest word, creating the best word, and using the most letter cubes in the shortest amount of time!
- Intuitive Touch Controls – SHAKE the iPhone to shuffle the 3D letter cubes. TAP or DRAG the letter cubes to spell the word that WINS!
- Keep it Organized – Track challenges on a virtual notepad and record player names, scores, and words.
Command & Conquer Red Alert
Welcome Back Comrade! The Cold War is hot again with Command & Conquer Red Alert for the iPhone and iPod touch. Experience real-time Command & Conquer strategy action as the Soviet or Ally factions in the palm of your hand. It’s all out war for the iPhone and iPod touch! Key features include:
- The fate of the world – in your hands! – Drag and scroll to gauge the battlefield. Pinch-zoom in and out of the action. Select and move units with a tap. Control multiple units at once!
- Choose Your Favorite Faction – Fight for Soviet domination or battle to restore peace with the Allies. Deploy military might unique to each side and engage in different campaign storylines.
- Battle Through 12 Combat Levels – Tackle the single player campaign across 12 maps, or fight in Skirmish Mode on two different battlefield maps with war squads that players create and control.
- Command and conquer your armies across multiple battlefields! -Command units in different environmental conditions. Build a base and manage resources with a new easy-to-use combat system.
- Arm Troops for All Out War – Employ classic units like Kirov Air Ships and new units like the Paladin Tank. Or R&D new technologies to destroy enemies.
- UPCOMING FEATURES WILL INCLUDE:
- Free Multiplayer – Download the FREE multiplayer function to go head-to-head against your opponents via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- “Empire of the Rising Sun” Expansion Pack – Expand the action with a third faction with its own story, units, and buildings. Also, get extra elite Soviet and Ally units for even more battlefield intensity.
NBA LIVE, EA SPORTS FIFA 10, Mystery Mania, BOGGLE and Command & Conquer Red Alert are currently available from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch, or at www.itunes.com/appstore. For information on pricing for all EA Mobile games, visit www.eamobile.com. To follow EA Mobile on Twitter visit http://twitter.com/eamobile.
About EA Mobile
EA Mobile(TM), is the world’s leading wireless entertainment publisher with award-winning games such as Tetris(R), Bejeweled(R), The Sims(TM), and Need for Speed(TM). The EA Mobile portfolio also includes casual games based on the company’s partnership with Hasbro, Inc. including MONOPOLY, YAHTZEE and SCRABBLE (in the U.S. and Canada) as well as sports blockbusters from the EA SPORTS(TM) brand, including Madden NFL Football, EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR(R). EA Mobile develops games for multiple mobile platforms including mobile phones, smartphones, the iPhone(TM) and iPod(R). For more information about EA Mobile, please visit www.eamobile.com.
Hasbro, Inc. is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS(TM), EA(TM), EA Mobile(TM) and POGO(TM). In fiscal 2009, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.2 billion and had 31 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA’s homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA’s products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile, Pogo, The Sims, Command & Conquer, Red Alert and Need for Speed are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. John Madden, NFL, FIFA, NBA, Tiger Woods and PGA TOUR are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. Tetris is a registered trademark of Tetris Holding, LLC. Bejeweled is a registered trademark of PopCap Games, Inc. BOGGLE, MONOPOLY, YAHTZEE and SCRABBLE (in the United States and Canada) are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. Apple is a registered trademark, and iPhone and iPod are trademarks of Apple, Inc.. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.