EA and Dr Pepper Unveil Details of Groundbreaking Media Partnership
Deal Gives Consumers Access to Exclusive Content in Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, Spore and The Sims 3
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & PLANO, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Dr Pepper today launched an innovative brand marketing program delivering custom built interactive entertainment to Dr Pepper fans. Beginning this week, consumers who buy 20-ounce bottles of Dr Pepper can also download new, exclusive content in EA games like virtual clothes for their Sims or body parts for their Spore™ creatures. Gaming fans will receive access to these exclusive add-ons for select EA titles throughout 2010 with codes* found on more than 500 million Dr Pepper bottles and fountain cups.
“Consumers get free game content and a whole new way to experience the Dr Pepper brand.”
“Dr. Pepper’s decision to partner with EA is an investment that will bring a lot of value to their brand and to their consumers,” said Elizabeth Harz, Senior Vice President of Global Media Sales for EA. “Consumers get free game content and a whole new way to experience the Dr Pepper brand.”
“We wanted to give consumers an unrivaled experience by offering a range of valuable game enhancements that elevate their experience within the games and create brand affinity,” said Tony Jacobs, vice president of marketing, Dr Pepper. “The EA promotion gives fans an unbelievable gaming experience that they can only access through Dr Pepper.”
How it Works:
1. Purchase a participating bottle of Dr Pepper.
2. Find an exclusive redemption code under the bottle cap.
3. Go to: http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea to redeem the code and select from a wide range of game enhancements for Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2, Mass Effect™ 2, Spore™ and The Sims™ 3 and others to be announced throughout the year.
Game enhancements for The Sims 3, for example, feature theme-based bundles including Vintage Vegas, Beach Party, Celebrity and Football. Consumers will be able to download exciting new content ranging from a party top or hot boots all the way to a cool Retro car. Fans who have played The Sims over the years will recognize items inspired by previous The Sims games like the Lips Couch or Boomerang Window.
Other examples of exclusive downloadable content include the following:
- In Spore, a dozen Cyborg-themed body parts – such as eyes, heads and arms – can be redeemed and used in the Spore Creature Creator. These parts allow players to mix robot and organic creature body parts to design their own Cyborg creatures. The exclusive Cyborg parts will be usable by all owners of the Spore PC game and anyone who downloads the free Spore Creature Creator Trial Edition from the Spore.com website.
- In Mass Effect 2 (shipping January 26th for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PC), a shooter RPG from EA’s award-winning BioWare™ division, there are three unique pieces of armor: two helmets and a visor. The game was recently named by The New York Times as one of 2010’s most anticipated games.
- In Battlefield Heroes, there are four sets of unique character clothing, and consumers get a pair of outfits per download, one for each side.
- In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.
*In-game items require applicable EA game, applicable game system, Internet connection and EA registration.
More games and enhancements will be announced throughout the year. Full rules and regulations as well as download descriptions and product details can be found at: www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/rules/.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EATM, EA SPORTSTM, EA MobileTM and POGOTM. In fiscal 2009, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.2 billion and had 31 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA’s homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA’s products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
About Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper, a brand of Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE:DPS), is the oldest major soft drink in the United States. Since 1885, the 23 flavors of Dr Pepper have earned legions of fans that enjoy its unique, refreshing taste. The brand is available in Regular, Diet, Caffeine Free and Cherry varieties. DPS is a leading producer of flavored soft drinks, marketing Dr Pepper and 50-plus other beverage brands across North America and the Caribbean. For more information on Dr Pepper, visitwww.drpepper.com or www.drpeppersnapple.com.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile, POGO, The Sims and Spore are trademarks of Electronic Arts. Mass Effect and BioWare are trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield: Bad Company are trademarks of EA Digital Illusions CE AB.