From/De: Sony Computer Entertainment America
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), together with 7-Eleven, Inc. and Mountain Dew, is pleased to announce an exclusive promotion around one of PlayStation’s most anticipated releases: God of War® III. Starting February 1, 2010, participating 7-Eleven locations will feature Kratos Fury, a custom-themed God of War-flavored Slurpee drink and a series of four exclusive Slurpee cups with never-before-seen God of War artwork. The program is exclusive to 7-Eleven stores and is the first of its kind for the popular God of War franchise.
Starting on February 1 through March 31, God of War fans can collect all four exclusive Kratos-themed cups at their local, participating 7-Eleven while quenching their thirst with Kratos Fury, a blackberry and lime-flavored Slurpee beverage created by Mountain Dew and 7-Eleven specifically for the Kratos Slurpee program. With each Slurpee purchase fans can collect codes that can be redeemed at www.Slurpee.com for God of War and Slurpee-themed content in advance of the general public release such as:
* A behind-the-scenes video, developed by Sony Computer Entertainment’s Santa Monica Studios exclusively for 7-Eleven, that takes you through the mythos and development of creating the Chimera character – the three-headed beast seen in the God of War III demo.
* Exclusive armor for Kratos called Morpheus, which unlocks once you’ve played through God of War III
* A dynamic theme for the PlayStation®3 system that features Kratos’ animated face. A static theme will also be available.
* Kratos-themed wallpapers for PCs
* God of War- or 7-Eleven-themed PlayStation®Home t-shirt’s or Slurpee-themed hoodie’s available for both males and females
Fans will also have the opportunity to pre-order a copy of God of War III and receive a free God of War III poster at participating 7-Eleven stores. For continued information on the program as well as a sneak peek at cup artwork and downloadable content, please check out the PlayStation Blog http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/01/kratos-fury-invading-local-7-eleven-stores/. Additional information will be available on www.slurpee.com on February 1, 2010.