Tecmo Koei Europe’s ground breaking and unrelenting new take on the Manga masterpiece coming to Europe in the Summer of 2010.
Letchworth, Herts.—March 5th, 2010—TECMO KOEI EUROPE, in conjunction with FIST OF THE NORTH STAR creators NSP proudly reveals that it will bring FIST OF THE NORTH STAR to Europeans gamers in a title of merciless action and violent hand to hand combat.
The hugely anticipated FIST OF THE NORTH STAR is a successor to the side-scrollers and beat ‘em ups of old, but brought bang up to date with ground-breaking physics, combat, and gore inspired by the cult comic. An uncompromising vision of a ruined future, FIST OF THE NORTH STAR promises to be a no-holds-barred brawler to delight all fighting fans as well as giving FIST OF THE NORTH STAR enthusiasts the game they have been waiting for.
A ravaged Earth struggles to survive after the nuclear holocaust has left the world in ruins. Pitiful survivors band together in communities and villages, trying to live on what little resources they have left. In the wastelands beyond vicious gangs prey on them for their resources, or sometimes just for fun. A mysterious martial artist named Kenshiro, a man with seven scars on his chest and the chosen successor of the legendary assassin’s art Hokuto Shinken (北斗神拳, The Divine Fist of the North Star) has sworn to protect the weak and innocent from the malicious gangs that roam the scorched planet.
• Destructible and interactive environments – In the hugely interactive environments players can smash or pummel their enemies into different objects and buildings as well as pick up objects to maim and obliterate groups of malicious gangs.
• Face down dozens of enemies at once – String combos and attacks together to perform unstoppable killing moves. Power up, then unleash furious Hokuto Shinken special attacks.
• Dozens of unlockable moves – Blistering finishing attacks that can wipe out entire gangs in one blow, or cause single enemies to explode in a shower of gore.
• Hidden characters – Taken straight from the FIST OF THE NORTH STAR universe, players will be able to unlock unforgettable characters such as Mamiya and Rei, amongst others.
• Faithfully reproduced FNS visuals – Every scene and level has been faithfully followed the iconic visual style of the original comic series.
• Original scenarios for every playable character – As well as having their own stories faithfully reproduced from the source material, every character will have a new original story and ending specially made for this game, giving the fans something they could only dream of.
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR has not yet been rated by PEGI. Final game name TBC.
ABOUT TECMO KOEI EUROPE LTD.
TECMO KOEI EUROPE LTD. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, UK. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive® and Ninja Gaiden®series. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. On April 1, 2009, TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD was established as a result of the TECMO, LTD. and KOEI Co., Ltd. merger. More information about TECMO KOEI EUROPE LTD and its products can be found at www.tecmokoei-europe.com.