From/De: Sony Computer Entertainment America
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that it is further enhancing the user experience of PlayStation®Home with a variety of new features that make exploring and connecting with friends quicker and easier in the exclusive PlayStation®3 (PS3™) social gaming community.
PlayStation Home 1.35, a new service update available tomorrow, will decrease load times, enabling users to access PlayStation Home faster than ever before. In addition, PlayStation Home 1.35 replaces the PlayStation Home World Map with a new intuitive navigation system. This streamlined interface features multiple categories to enable users to quickly navigate through PlayStation Home, locate friends, and go to their preferred spaces in just a few clicks.
Categories will include:
- Favorites: Personalize your own section to make locating and going to your favorite places quick and simple.
- Personal Spaces: Your clubhouses and personal spaces are now right at your fingertips. The personal spaces you own and the clubhouses you belong to will be viewable in one convenient location.
- Friends: Finding your friends that are signed into PlayStation Home has never been simpler. View the current location of your friends in PlayStation Home, and then navigate there to enjoy the action together.
- Explore: Browse all the spaces PlayStation Home offers. Finding spaces that suite your taste and mood is now even easier.
- Recommended: Keep up with what is “hot” in PlayStation Home. This regularly updated category will feature the newest and most exciting spaces and additions to PlayStation Home.
The new PlayStation Home 1.35 update also enhances the login process. Once users have launched PlayStation Home from the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar), they will be transported directly to the navigator to begin exploring – making logging in and enjoying PlayStation Home even simpler.
PlayStation Home today features more than 12 million registered users around the globe. Averaging 60 minutes per session, PlayStation Home users visit the ground-breaking service to play games, attend special events, watch videos, listen to music, meet new friends, and launch into multiplayer PS3 games. Over 350 community events have been held in PlayStation Home in the U.S. since its launch, with many more organized by the PS3 community themselves. With new users, games, entertaining new spaces and virtual items added weekly, PlayStation Home continues to dramatically evolve to offer new challenges and experiences with every visit.