SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC CONTINUES ITS MARKET MOMENTUM AND EXPANSION IN LATIN AMERICA
PlayStation® Launches its First Regional Advertising Campaign in Partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi to Encourage Consumers to “Live in a State of Play”
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced the debut of its first official regional advertising campaign for the Latin America region to coincide with the company’s most exciting holiday seasons which include the debut of customized product offerings for the region and groundbreaking product releases such as PlayStation®Move and Gran Turismo® 5. Today, SCEA’s presence in Latin America has expanded into 19 countries across the region including, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Brazil*, Peru, Honduras, Belize, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guatemala, Ecuador, Venezuela, and Bolivia.
“PlayStation is experiencing tremendous growth and opportunity in Latin America. We’re providing extended access to the full array of PlayStation products and services in Latin America including PlayStation Move games like The Shoot, The Fight: Lights Out, and EyePet, and are making these products available on the same day as US and Canada,” said Mark Stanley, general manager of Latin America for SCEA. “The company remains focused on creating localized and exclusive experiences that are tailored for consumers in this region and our new advertising initiative is a huge testament to the direct dialogue we want to continue building with Latin American consumers that are looking to enhance their entertainment experiences with PlayStation.”
Developed by Saatchi & Saatchi, the central theme of the advertising campaign, “Live in a State of Play,” captures the excitement that PlayStation provides consumers to experience the wonder, curiosity and excitement of being young and experiencing everything for the first time. Throughout the effort, images of people engaged with PlayStation are enhanced with the heads and faces of toddlers.
“PlayStation is always pushing the limits of entertainment with groundbreaking technology and game experiences,” said Pablo Del Campo, CEO of Del Campo Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi and chief creative officer of Saatchi & Saatchi Latin America. “It’s always a thrill and feels like you are experiencing something for the first time. We wanted to seize that emotion in every aspect of the campaign.”
The marketing effort is designed to engage Latin America consumers via multiple touchpoints, including television, print, interactive, in-store and social media platforms.
- Set to Frank Sinatra’s “Young at Heart,” 60 and 20-second television commercials feature adult actors rendered as toddlers, experiencing life as if for the first time.
- A Latin American consumer website containing product information and new add-ons and game titles at www.vive.playstation.com.
- A Facebook page and application, where people can interact with the brand and put their voices to a “State of Play” video. As they speak, users’ words are verbalized by the engaged gamer with the head of toddler in various scenarios (skater, fashion, street, etc.).
- A YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/latamplaystation.
Saatchi & Saatchi employed a unique operating structure to meet the dynamic needs of SCEA in the region. Creative development is led by Del Campo Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi in Buenos Aires. Interactive and non-traditional campaign elements are being produced by Conill, Saatchi & Saatchi’s highly awarded U.S. Hispanic market specialist. Account management and strategic planning are directed out of the network’s Latin American headquarters in Miami.
“Our organizational philosophy on regional accounts is to harness the best talent of our network, regardless of geographic location.” said Cynthia McFarlane, president of Saatchi & Saatchi Latin America. “By leveraging our centers of excellence, we couple the best insight-driven communications with a production and management process that is far more efficient for us and SCEA. This is the business model of our future.”
To further underscore the regional commitment, the company has also announced four new localized PlayStation websites for Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Peru to offer relevant and customized information about PlayStation news and product information. In addition, several exclusive product offerings will be released this holiday that will only be available in Latin America:
· Konami’s ProEvolution Soccer bundles:
- PlayStation®3 bundle includes Silver PS3 160GB system and Konami’s ProEvolution Soccer 2011 game and will be available this November.
- PlayStation®2 bundle includes the PlayStation 2 system and Konami’s ProEvolution Soccer 2011 game and will be available this November.
- PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) bundle includes the PSP system (PSP-3000) and Konami’s ProEvolution ProEvolution Soccer 2011 game and will be available this November.
· EA Sports’ FIFA 2011 bundles:
- PS3 bundle with black PS3 160GB system and EA Sports’ FIFA 2011 game and will be available this November.
- PlayStation 2 bundle with the PlayStation 2 system and console EA Sports’ FIFA 2011 game and will be available this November.
- PSP bundle with the PSPsystem (PSP-3000) and EA Sports’ FIFA 2011 game and will be available this November.
*PSP platform availability in Brazil will be announced at a later time.
“PlayStation” and “PSP” are registered trademarks and “PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.