EA Sports anunció el día de hoy la siguiente secuela de su juego de tenis con Grand Slam Tennis 2. Será la primera vez que una versión de la franquicia sea jugada el alta definición. Una versión Wii apareció en el 2009, pero las del PlaysTation 3 y Xbox 360 se retrasaron indefinidamente. Este juego contará con el funcionamiento del PlayStation Move, y será el único juego de tenis que demuestre los campos de juego de Wimbledon.
From/De: EA Sports
EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 Comes to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Only Next Generation Tennis Video Game Franchise to Feature Famed Wimbledon Courts
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the EA SPORTS™ tennis simulation video game, EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2, will be entering the high definition era for the first time and will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support of the PlayStation® Move controller. EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will feature all four Grand Slam® championships and is the only game to feature Wimbledon. Players can experience the thrill of serving up aces on Wimbledon’s prestigious Centre Court, hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open, play under the bright lights at the U.S. Open or work on your serve and volley game at the Australian Open. In addition, the game features a deep roster of elite past and present players and will be coming worldwide in 2012.
“We are very excited to bring the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and leverage the graphical power of these high definition consoles”
“We are very excited to bring the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and leverage the graphical power of these high definition consoles,” said Line Producer Thomas Singleton. “Players will now get to experience the excitement and drama of serving it up on prestigious tennis venues such as Wimbledon’s famed Centre Court.”
Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
- All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top! But if you prefer the old school button controls, those are still available!
- Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise – Wimbledon.
- PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
- Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam® tournament John McEnroe.
- Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there’s never a dull moment!
- ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
- Deep Tennis Experience: Play countless hours of tennis in Grand Slam® Career mode – singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.
For more information about Grand Slam® Tennis 2, visit www.easports.com/grandslamtennis2.
EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game communities, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield, and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
EA, EA SPORTS, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. GRAND SLAM is a registered Trademark jointly owned by Tennis Australia, French Tennis Federation, All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) and the United States Tennis Association. GRAND SLAM is used by EA with the permission of the GSTP. John Madden, NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA, Tiger Woods, PGA TOUR, The Masters and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.