[EN]: Capcom has just released new information to the gaming press about plans to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Street Fighter franchise. This announcement should be making lots of fans happy, especially now that the franchise is recognized all around the world.
First, the Collector’s Edition seems like the perfect gift for any Street Fighter fan, though the one game that started it all is missing, the very first Street Fighter (known on a retro-console as Fighting Street for the Turbo Grafx 16). The package includes four of the most current releases of the franchise, including Street Fighter x Tekken (with downloadable content), Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with downloadable content, too), Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition. The set also comes with a Ryu statute, 11 music CDs of past SF games, a replica of Ryu’s belt (sweet!), a 64-page art book, a two-disc Blu-Ray of a documentary along with two anime movies and the entire anime series.
The price will not be cheap though. If you thought $149.99, then you’re right. Capcom is also organizing a tournament based on the games that will come in the package. It will take place in California, Texas, Taiwan, Japan, France, Brasil, and England. What’s awesome about this may be the award for the winner in Street Fighter X Tekken: an all-new Scion FR-S Sports Coupe. Read the following press release for more info.
[ES]: Capcom acaba de lanzar nueva información a la prensa de videojuegos sobre sus planes para celebrar el 25to aniversario de la franquicia Street Fighter. Este anuncio debe hacer a un montón de fans felices, sobre todo ahora que la franquicia es reconocida en todo el mundo.
En primer lugar, la Edición de Coleccionista parece ser el regalo perfecto para cualquier fan de Street Fighter, aunque el juego que lo comenzó todo no está incluido, el primer Street Fighter (conocida en una consola retro como Fighting Street para el Turbo Grafx 16). El paquete incluye cuatro de las versiones más actuales de la franquicia, incluyendo Street Fighter X Tekken (con contenido descargable), Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (con contenido descargable también), Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix y Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition. También viene con un estatuto de Ryu, 11 discos compactos de música de los pasados juegos de SF, una réplica de la cinta de Ryu (¡qué chevere!), un libro de arte de 64 páginas, un set de dos discos Blu-Ray de un documental junto con dos películas anime, y toda la serie animada.
El precio no será barato sin embargo. Si pensabas en $149,99 dólares, entonces tienes razón. Capcom también está organizando un torneo basado en los juegos que vienen en el paquete. Se llevará a cabo en California, Texas, Taiwán, Japón, Francia, Brasil e Inglaterra. Lo que es impresionante acerca de esto puede ser el premio para el ganador en Street Fighter X Tekken: un totalmente nuevo Scion FR-S coupé deportivo. Lee elsiguiente comunicado de prensa para más información.
CAPCOM® CELEBRATES LEGENDARY FRANCHISE WITH LIMITED EDITION STREET FIGHTER® 25TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTOR’S SET
Street Fighter’s 25th Anniversary Celebration Includes Action-Packed Collector’s Set and New International Tournament Details with High-Performance Prizing
SAN MATEO, Calif. – May 23, 2012 – Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the limited edition Street Fighter®25th Anniversary Collector’s Set, which will be available in North America on Sept. 18, 2012 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. A hyper combo-powered milestone, the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary festivities will continue throughout 2012 (“The Year of the Dragon”) and will include the Collector’s Set and a series of high stakes global tournaments with over a half million dollars in support, the highest the fighting game community has ever witnessed. Honoring one of the most popular videogame franchises of all time, the Street Fighter 25thAnniversary Collector’s Set is a must – have for Street Fighter® video game aficionados. Created as a celebration and tribute to its fans, the limited edition set is individually numbered and jam-packed with Street Fighter games, video, art, music, and exclusive collectibles. The items are housed in a specially created chest complete with a certificate of authenticity. The limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3™ and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Further bringing the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary celebration to its fans, Capcom is currently organizing a series of tournaments throughout the year in locations across the globe that will include over $500,000 worth of cash, non-cash prizing, and amenities. This high-stakes tournament series will culminate in a grand finals event held in San Francisco on Dec. 8, 2012 and will include players who qualify in the preliminary tournaments throughout the year. The tournament series will feature the following monumental titles from the past and present: Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.
Revealed today, the list below includes the most current dates and locations (subject to change) for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary global tournament series:
• July 28-29 in Austin, TX
• August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
• August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
• Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
• September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
• October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
• October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
• October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
• December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA
Adding an extra level of white-knuckled excitement to the competition, the first-place Street Fighter X Tekken player will be crowned champion and be handed the keys to an all-new custom designedScion FR-S Sports Coupe. Capcom has partnered with Scion, Five Axis and Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), to create a one-of-a-kind Street Fighter-themed sports car, complete with video entertainment hardware from SCEA and a modified exterior from Five Axis including a custom FIVE:AD aero kit, spoiler, wheels, as well as many more premiere components from leading automotive aftermarket companies.
Lastly, a new Street Fighter 25th Anniversary website will be created which will allow fans to share their stories of how the Street Fighter series has influenced their lives, and will host all details of the anniversary celebration including how to register for the tournament series. The new website will be released soon and will be located at: http://www.streetfighter.com/sf25
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including best-selling franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Korea, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom can be found on the company web site, www.capcom.com.
Capcom, the Capcom logo, Devil May Cry, Mega Man and Resident Evil are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd. In the U.S. or other countries. Street Fighter is a registered trademark of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Windows, Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.