This post is also available in / Esta entrada está disponible también en: Spanish (Español) .Though it would have been awesome to hear news about that one image of two Pokémon in a fighting stage shown previously at TGS 2013, there were some surprises for the Wii U console announced today. The presence of Sonic in the next Super Smash Bros. and the new transformation of Mario as a cat were great news for Wii U fans. Yes, the Donkey Kong game got delayed, but we know Nintendo always wants to bring the best gaming experience.
Here’s what you’ll expect this month and later for the Wii U:
Super Mario 3D World:
- Lots of power-ups including cherries to multiply your character.
- First time Mario gets a Cat Transformation
Super Smash Bros.:
- Sonic returns as a playable character 🙂
- Game to be launched next year.
- Free software update brings a new Mission Mode stage.
- New, paid Mission Mode stages are also available
- More downloadable stages in the future
- Updates to global ranking feature
Wii Party U:
- House Marty mode: makes use of the GamePad along with its Wiimote controllers
- Launch Date: Nov. 15
- Price: $49.99 (game), $59.99 (game and Wii Remote Plus).
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Breeze:
- To be launched on February 2014 “to deliver the optimum gaming experience”
Third-party game releases:
- Just Dance 2014 from Ubisoft (Oct. 8)
- Skylanders SWAP Force from Activision Publishing (Oct. 13)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Oct. 22)
- Batman: Arkham Origins from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Oct. 25)
- Sonic Lost World from SEGA (Oct. 29)
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag from Ubisoft (Oct. 29)
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Gameplay Trailer