Apple’s Special Presentation today did get the attention of many fans. Even with some streaming problems coming from Apple.com, fans of the iPhone got to watch the introduction of the iPhone 6, along with the Apple Watch.
So, what’s new about the iPhone 6? Lots of things what would make the new smartphone a favorite in a race against the LG G3 and other Android devices. Let’s take a look at the list.
- Two models: The regular 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus at 5.5 inches. Both feature Retina HD. With bigger touchscreen, iPhone 6 can compete with the likes of bigger Android smartphones like the LG G3 and upcoming Samsung devices.
- Resolutions: 1334 x 750 (iPhone 6); 1920 x 1080 (iPhone 6 Plus).
For the iPhone 6: $199 (16GB version); $299 (64GB version); $399 (128GB version).
For the iPhone 6 Plus: $299 (16GB version), $399 (64GB version); $499 (128GB version).
- Apple Pay: An easy way to pay at stores without having to use a debit or credit card. It just makes the use of your fingertip thanks to the Touch ID technology. It’s a virtual wallet that makes use of NFC technology. Apple has already partnered with companies such as American Express, Mastercard and Visa, as well as businesses like McDonalds to make use of this new service.
- iOS8: The latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system. It comes with new features for the Messages and Photos apps, QuickType keyboard, a Health app, iCloud Drive, and Family Sharing.
- A8: The newest version of Apple’s chip for mobile devices. The chip’s power can bring console-style 3D graphics to iOS games. It is also 50x more powerful than previous models from last year.
- Battery: 50 hours of continuous music with iPhone 6, and 80 hours with the Plus model.
- Talk time: In a charge, it would last 14 hours with the iPhone 6, and 24 hours with the Plus model.
- Improved video quality: High-definition video with up to 60 frames per second for 1080p and 240fps for slow motion. FaceTime HD has been improved with 80%+ more light, new sensor with Focus Pixels, burst mode, HDR video.
- Better connection speeds: Both iPhone 6 models will offer download speeds of up to 150 Mbps, Voice over LTE, Wi-Fi Calling, up to 20 LTE wilreless bands, 802.11ac Wi-Fi with speeds up to 433 Mbps, Bluetooth 4.0.
It looks like Apple knew bigger is better, but at least the company can now offer a bigger screen and better battery life.
AppleWatch: With the upcoming release sometime next year of the AppleWatch, the company makes its official entrance into the smart watch market. The device is very personalized and looks beautiful, but requires an iPhone 5 and up.
Among the main features: Force Touch (to recognize the difference between a tap and a press), built-in speaker, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, heart rate sensor, accelerometer, Activity and Fitness apps (for exercises and other physical use), Apple Pay, wireless charging, and can be used to control Apple TV.
[Source]: Apple: Apple Announces iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus—The Biggest Advancements in iPhone History [http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/09/09Apple-Announces-iPhone-6-iPhone-6-Plus-The-Biggest-Advancements-in-iPhone-History.html]; Apple Unveils Apple Watch—Apple’s Most Personal Device Ever [http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/09/09Apple-Unveils-Apple-Watch-Apples-Most-Personal-Device-Ever.html].