This post is also available in / Esta entrada está disponible también en: Spanish (Español) .
It’s fun to see a game company connecting us fans with a big entertainment event such as The Oscars which airs tonight at 7PM EST on ABC. So, what company can best relate its franchises with films (even though there has only been a few of its franchises in live-action movies)? Nintendo, of course. On Friday, Nintendo released its own film awards titled under the names of some of its well-known characters and games.
While there are more films that deserve to be mentioned, such as The LEGO Movie, maybe the company is expecting to see itself one day winning another award, that is if the deal with Netflix about the Legend of Zelda series becomes a reality.
For now, take a look at this year’s Nintendo film awards:
- The Princess Peach Award, for best female costume in a movie – Maleficent
- The Samus Aran Award, for strongest female character – Olivia Evans – Boyhood
- The Smash Award, for best fight scene of the year – Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- The Dragonite Award, for best film featuring a dragon – How To Train Your Dragon 2
- The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Award, for best music scene in a film – Whiplash
- The Star Fox Best Barrel Roll in a movie – Guardians of the Galaxy
- Honorary Birdo Award, for best film with the word ‘Bird’ in its name – Birdman