This post is also available in / Esta entrada está disponible también en: Spanish (Español) .
According to many sources via EuroGamer, the upcoming Nintendo NX will be a portable console with cartridges, detachable controllers and own display. Some of the info in this report contradicts previous rumors. So, what does EuroGamer says the NX will be like? Check out the list.
The report states the following:
- The NX will work “as a high-powered handheld console with its own display.”
- Both controllers can be attached to either side of the console that has its own screen, just like the Wii U Game Pad.
- The portable console can be connected to a TV to play games the traditional way via a dock station.
- Nvidia’s Tegra mobile processor will be powering the console. If the X1 version is chosen, the graphics would be a bit better than the Wii U, but if the X2 is the one, the console’s graphics could compete against the PS4 and Xbox One.
- NX will use game cartridges, according to many sources, apparently limited to 32GB.
- There are no plans to make the NX backward-compatible.
- The console would run a new operating system made by Nintendo, not one based on Android.
- The company’s marketing message: “being able to take your games with you on the go.”
- The console’s unveiling is currently expected for September.