This post is also available in / Esta entrada está disponible también en: Spanish (Español) .
During tonight’s presentation in Japan and streamed around the world, the Japanese company announced the Nintendo Switch launches on March 3 for $300. The newest console will be released in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Europe and Hong Kong.
Nintendo announced a few more details about the console, but didn’t mention anything about the technical side of the console, other than info about the Joy-Con.
Here are the most important details about the Switch:
- The Switch will cost $299.99
- It will have no regional locking
- People will have to pay starting this fall for online services, esp. for multiplayer online
- Three modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld,
- Tablet: From 2:30 hours to 6 hours of use & rechargeable via USB-C
The Nintendo Switch will come with the following: console, Joy-Con (Left & Right) with wrist straps and grip, console dock, HDMI cable, AC adapter. A Nintendo Switch Pro controller will be available and sold separately.
Among the most important mentions: Splatoon 2 this summer 2017, FIFA 17, classic games (including Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers), Super Mario Odyssey, and the release date for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (March 3, 2017).