This post is also available in / Esta entrada está disponible también en: Spanish (Español) .
Fans of the popular RTS franchise StarCraft will see a modern version of the first title as Blizzard Entertainment mentioned StarCraft: Remastered is coming on August 14 worldwide. The remastered version is also coming with the Brood War expansion of the game.
Players who pre-order the game before August 14 will get “three unique building skins for use in StarCraft: Remastered—the Char Hive, the Korhal Command Center, and the Aiur Nexus.” In addition, people who buy StarCraft: Remastered will also receive digital bonuses for StarCraft II. Some exclusive in-game rewards will be offered to those who pre-purchase the title at the Blizzard shop online.
Among the new features in StarCraft: Remastered, according to Blizzard:
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button!
StarCraft: Remastered is coming to Windows and Mac PCs for US$14.99, and will be available in various languages including English, Brazilian Portuguese, European and Latin American Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, and simplified and traditional Chinese.
[Source]: Blizzard Entertainment: Ready to Roll Out! StarCraft®: Remastered Arrives August 14.